James Boren (jboren@earthlink.net)
Sat, 8 May 1999 03:01:56 -0700

> Unlike the beam weapons discussed above (beam rifles and Mega
Particle cannons), <bold>the beam saber doesn't use mega particles.
Instead, it emits high energy Minovski particles to form a blade shaped
I-field, and then fills this I-field shell with superheated plasma to
produce a lethally effective cutting blade.</bold> The Minovski
particles are stored by E-cap in the beam saber's hilt, which is
recharged by the mobile suit's reactor when the saber is returned to
its socket. Thus, once activated, beam sabers don't rely on the mobile
suit's reactor and can be thrown or discarded as decoys (as
demonstrated in Gundam 0083).

So, a Zaku could grab the beam saber and use it against the hapless
GM?

Has this ever happened?

I thought the Heat hawk was just a superheated alloy for its blade. Is
it the same with the Dom's... sword (I forgot what its called)?

BTW- How do they explain the lightsaber in star wars? (Or do they even
bother)

-James