Carmen J. Bernardo (Yujon3D@concentric.net)
Fri, 07 May 1999 22:40:48 -0400

Paul Fields wrote:

> > But the fact of the matter is, the Ball is based on a civilian chassis,
> > and would never be a real front-line weapon.
> >
> > -Probe
>
> Well don't make too sweeping a statement, Mobile Suits changed the
> rules of battle as they were known at the time... But my Grandfather was
> a Tank Destroyer in W.W.II and all they had was pickup truck with a big
> gun in the back of it... By the same token, the really murderous brutes
> in the war that could have won the war by slaughtering hordes of GMs
> were not Mobile Suits, hell what kind of Mobile Suit was the Elmeth, no
> real mobile suit technology there, the Psycommu could have been put
> in the back of a Musai, with hordes of MS to protect it while Bits killed
> as many Battleships as Char or any of the other Aces of the OYW...
>
> I know for sure it should be cheaper to build bits than Zakus, and train
> each Zaku's pilot... Besides losing Bits doesn't bother the Newtype as
> much as losing a Zaku bothers the Zak pilot....
>
> The Big Zam style I-Field could be moved into the Komusai bay of the
> Musai in place of the shuttle, and give it a shield, its MS can stay behind.
> You put enough of these Musai together and you have a damn tough line
> for the Feds to get through. Yes space is 3D, and you have to fight in all
> directions, but if someone tries to flank you, or get above behind or below
> you the Bits should blast them to atoms...
>
> well, its an idea.

  Yeah, but it would also shorten the OYW by several months, too. No way to
drag out a really popular animated series, much in the same way that certain
American superheroes have to be so obviously stupid that a cow would put a
quicker end to the fight than they do.

  I'd chalk the lack of such a strategy on the Jion side to their being short
on men and equipment, the Psychommu technology being relatively new, and the
short notice that they had before the Feddies started closing in. In the end,
all of this is becoming another case of "what if".

(However, I've thought of doing a fan-fiction depicting a ship outfitted with
Psychommu-style technology on occasion.)

Carmen (Yujon3D) -- The Yujon3D Websites:
                    http://www.concentric.net/~Yujon3d/index.shtml
                    fan-fiction, fan-art, and the Random Muttering