Y. Choe (choey@usa.net)
Fri, 7 May 1999 18:29:45 -0700

<A battleship outlined with Bits was proposed in the previous mail... Go
read it.>

Well... Good idea, but there are some limitations.

1. Weren't the Bits attached to the line? And assuming each bit was
draining the main power, then more you have the more power drain you have.
Of course, if the bits are indeed attached, then you have a very limited
range for them bits.

Of course, slice the wires, and you have more or less useless mass of junk.

2. Just how powerful are the newtypes? I'd assume they'd have to be fairly
powerful to drive the bits using Psychommu (? something else?) drive.
Lalah was a very powerful newtype at the time, surpassing both Amuro and
Char. To drive those number of bits you are proposing would require that
much more newtypes. And we don't know whether or not Zion has that much
reserves of NTs....

3. With that much powerdrain, can you really fit the I-field in? Also,
what about the MS Behind the I-field? If they are using physical weapons,
they should be fairly safe, right?

Damn, I need to brush up on my Minovsky Physics...

Minovsky Physics for Dummies Vol. 1 is really necessary right about now.. :)

Y. Choe