BlazeEagle@aol.com
Fri, 7 May 1999 16:26:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/1999 1:53:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nandy@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

> Let me put it to you this way: V-Gundam was a MASSIVE change from the
> typical gundam design style, the Gundam was about as different from the
> original as is possible while still hewing to the 'recognizable' gundam
> features. The Enemy mecha were as far from Zakus as imaginable, yet were
> still cooly-sinister. Now THAT was breaking the mold and breaking it in
> style, without resorting to ghastly-impractical looking Freak-Robots!
> By the next series, however, we were back to endless regurgitated
> Gundams. (GG) And that was with _good_ V-Gundam designs that lots of
> people liked, as opposed to the monstousities of Turn-A!
> So what do you think will happen to Gundam after Turn-A? I wouldn't be
> suprised if we get a series where not only the boyish heroes have Gundams,
> but so do all the bad-guys!

 That would be cool, if you think about. Good-guys have Gundams to protect
them and the bad-guy's have sinister looking Gundam's to do their evil deeds
and protect them. I like the Turn A as a robot, but not as a Gundam. The
V-Gundam designs are my favorite Gundam and bad-guy mecha designs. I see
your point. I wish the Turn A looked more like a Gundam. If I had the art
skills, I bet I could make a awesome, great looking, mold breaking Gundam.
The fans can come up with better designs then Syd Mead. They should have had
a contest where fans design Gundams and Tomino picks the one he likes best.

Aaron