Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Sat, 08 May 1999 00:00:19 +0800

>> Hmmmm...I was able to get my hands on the 1/100 25th anniversary
stuff and
>> arii stuff for macross destroids, as well as a transformable 1/100
>> Valkyrie...Are they really that small? Sheesh, gundams must be so Big!
>Wouldn't it be 15th anniversary? As for relative sizes, a Valkyrie is
>like 10 meters or so, isn't it?

        Correction noted, 15th anniversary...I guess yeah, it's damn small, really.

>> and yet, since the SOC Mazinger is 1/144 by estimates, it turns out ot be
>> about as massive as the Ex-S! Those old guys must have been big.
>Most Super Robots were quite big, but IIRC, Mazinger Z wasn't that big,
>it was 18m tall (like a regular MS). But other Super Robots were bigger:
>Great Mazinger (25m), Grendizer (30m), Getta Robo (38m), Getta Robo G
>(50m), Combattler V (57m), Raideen(52m), Daimos(45m), Gaiking (50m),
>well I guess you get the picture? :)
>> Btw, I think the old Voltes V toy is 1/100, from the sizes of the
>> cockpits...which means that the Voltes V is a big mean momma of a robot.
>Yeah, it's 58m tall actually, so 1/100 would make it like... 2 ft?

        Hmm..the NU is only up to its waist....

>> Oh yeah, I've heard that Super Robot Spirit is out, a fighting
game with
>> all the old guys like Voltes V and Mazinger, and they DO have the ultimate
>> moves.
>Yeah, but that game sucks as hell, if you want *very good* crossover
>games, go for the Super Robot Taisen series, you can't be disappointed
>(and they try to make a consistent story!)

        Really? Hmmmm...I'll remember that.

>> Anyway, the follow up question is: Which of the gundam kits
are actually
>> FAITHFULLY to scale?
>Well, if you measure from toe to head, most of them are.

        But which ones aren't to scale? I mean some of the cockpits LIke th MG
rx78's, are simply too small! I know, because I compared it to the cockpit
of hte NU!

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter