Su, Rodrick (rsu@tigana.com)
Fri, 7 May 1999 08:40:59 -0700

As far as I know, the Feds keep on cranking out Balls until the end of the
war. Hell, they fielded far more Balls in the Battle of Solomon than GMs.
It has a non-trivia advantage over GM, price. It is really cheap to make
Ball, which is based on OLD and mature technology. GM in contrast is a high
performance frontline vehicle based on a (from Fed's standpoint) 4 years old
technology, using new fusion drive and using relatively untested beam spray
gun.

I supposed when the war ended, and the Feds generals started to review the
effectiveness of the weapons, they scratch out Balls. The Balls were ok as
a stop gap measure until the GM can be mass produce. But once the GM
production is in full steam mode, the Ball ceases to make sense. And with
the projected MS development in the horizon, the Ball becomes another 1 war
technology.