Djallel Zouita (scirocco@gundam.com)
Fri, 07 May 1999 17:31:16 +0200

Richie Ramos wrote :

> Hmmmm...I was able to get my hands on the 1/100 25th anniversary stuff and
> arii stuff for macross destroids, as well as a transformable 1/100
> Valkyrie...Are they really that small? Sheesh, gundams must be so Big!

Wouldn't it be 15th anniversary? As for relative sizes, a Valkyrie is
like 10 meters or so, isn't it?

> and yet, since the SOC Mazinger is 1/144 by estimates, it turns out ot be
> about as massive as the Ex-S! Those old guys must have been big.

Most Super Robots were quite big, but IIRC, Mazinger Z wasn't that big,
it was 18m tall (like a regular MS). But other Super Robots were bigger:
Great Mazinger (25m), Grendizer (30m), Getta Robo (38m), Getta Robo G
(50m), Combattler V (57m), Raideen(52m), Daimos(45m), Gaiking (50m),
well I guess you get the picture? :)

> Btw, I think the old Voltes V toy is 1/100, from the sizes of the
> cockpits...which means that the Voltes V is a big mean momma of a robot.

Yeah, it's 58m tall actually, so 1/100 would make it like... 2 ft?

> Oh yeah, I've heard that Super Robot Spirit is out, a fighting game with
> all the old guys like Voltes V and Mazinger, and they DO have the ultimate
> moves.

Yeah, but that game sucks as hell, if you want *very good* crossover
games, go for the Super Robot Taisen series, you can't be disappointed
(and they try to make a consistent story!)

> Anyway, the follow up question is: Which of the gundam kits are actually
> FAITHFULLY to scale?

Well, if you measure from toe to head, most of them are.