Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 6 May 1999 22:51:31 -0700 (MST)

> I agree, its time for change. I think that's one reason why the designs are
> so different, Tomino said he wanted to break the mold and break the mold he
> did! Stuff gets old and moldy if it doesn't change.

   Let me put it to you this way: V-Gundam was a MASSIVE change from the
typical gundam design style, the Gundam was about as different from the
original as is possible while still hewing to the 'recognizable' gundam
features. The Enemy mecha were as far from Zakus as imaginable, yet were
still cooly-sinister. Now THAT was breaking the mold and breaking it in
style, without resorting to ghastly-impractical looking Freak-Robots!
  By the next series, however, we were back to endless regurgitated
Gundams. (GG) And that was with _good_ V-Gundam designs that lots of
people liked, as opposed to the monstousities of Turn-A!
  So what do you think will happen to Gundam after Turn-A? I wouldn't be
suprised if we get a series where not only the boyish heroes have Gundams,
but so do all the bad-guys!

                                                                -Probe