Jonathan Souza (souzamail@earthlink.net)
Wed, 05 May 1999 19:20:12 -0700

    Sound confusing? Yep, it is.

    Trying to BEAT Evangelion(or Star Wars, or any other show) just gets you into
headaches. Why? Because, with few exceptions, people will know that you're trying
to beat the show.

    To beat a program is to find where it is weak, and work on captitalising it's
flaws. A show like Brain-Power'd could have captialized on Evangelion's
exotic-to-nearly-incomprehendable plot structure by actually TYING in everything.
There are still "What the !*&! was that!" in large numbers in Evangelion. VERY
large numbers.

    Tomino beat the Giant Robots in the late '70s by actually using a plot,
characters, and making the robots something other than a marketing gimmic. To beat
Anno's Evangelions, you need to find the chinks in the armor, not hammer head-on
with the AT Field.

    Jon

PS-Is it just me, or does anyone else thing that the Brain Power`d mecha look cool?

PPS-Where can I find a plot synopsis for Brain Power`d?