Lim Jyue (lim_jyue@pacific.net.sg)
Thu, 06 May 1999 00:31:04 +0800

At 20:50 5/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> Imagine a senario where the Zeon won the OYW, then disintergrates..
> Hey, I was just thinking that myself... actually, personally it sounds
>like a much more interesting proposition than say, ZZ-Gundam!

        Well, I've actually never watched Z or ZZ.. only caught CCA, and got
really put off by Quess. =)

        I just completed the RGM-79G Command(o) from 0080. Good kit. I can
see why Probe like to call it a Commando, it does look, well, Commando-ish.
It's one of the few kits that can actually pose with both gun and shield
(the other that I like being F91's Heavy Gun) and look good at it.. =)

        The arms of the kit deserve special mention. The design is so
simple, yet still offer so much freedom. You can even make the MS do
push-ups! (^_^) A major problem is that once you push the halves together,
it's difficult to seperate the parts again.. I shaved an elbow polycap a mm
too much, and resulted in a loose arm.. I had to break the arm to add
superglue to the joint to stiffen it.

        If the arms are the high point, the legs are the dregs. Little
mobility at the knees makes it irritating, and the lousy skirt armour means
the legs can only pivot in a limited fashion at the hips. The ankle joints
are NOT polycaps, and as a result you can't really bent the foot sideways.
Interestingly, you can flip the foot 90 degrees backwards, so that it's
parallel to the leg itself. =)

        (talking of feet, how many MS have thrusters in the bottom of the
foot? This one seems to have them..)

        Torso design is simple, but elegant. The upper torso movement is
restricted to about 90 degree, but that's okay. Head is a problem, since the
high neck armour blocks movement side to side, and there's practically no
mobility up and down. The nice thing about the head is the green plastic
crystal that comes in the kit. Mine had a bubble right in the centre of the
crystal, making it look like the camera is right there.. added bonus! (^_^).

        Overall, this is a very nice kit, and can be built without
repainting at all, since the colours that it's moulded in is very nice
(Black with Cream...=) Good shield design, nice gun (at least the front
half.. the back look like something you clobber people with) and all that.
Worth my money!

        Anyone got another? =)

Lim Jyue
ICQ: 24737555