Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 05 May 1999 21:11:57 +0800

> Well, most of the Jion mechs were probably either destroyed or melted
>down for scrap after the 1YW, though some derelicts apparently fall to the
>Oldsmobile Whackos years later.
> GMs were retrofitted, rebuilt, and reused for MANY years after the war,
>probably until they started dropping dead from age... those were durable
>dependable robots, like the F-4 fighter from RL.

        Sounds plausible enough...

> Well, nobody in Gundam seems to have a legitimate private army, and I
>figger that most of the construction work is done with the junior and
>medium mobile suits. After all, there isn't too much cause or need for a
>60 foot tall piece of construction machinery.
> My bet is that most of the Federal Forces MS ended up just like most of
>the US's decomissioned aircraft and tanks, i.e., standing out in the
>Tucson Arizona sun south of town in the military graveyard.
> After all, how many decommissioned M-60 tanks do you see riding around
>as backhoes or steamshovels?

        Actually, I have anohter question..would the various factions within the
feds and the Jions and the jupiter fleet and all that be considered as
something akin to private factions? also, since I am not really up to
snuff on the tech part, did these different factions develop exclusive use
stuff, aside from the obvious MA's and prototypes?

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter
ICQ#12914919