Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 4 May 1999 20:32:06 -0700 (MST)

> >with "The perfect ultimate weapon" MS, and in the end, had a collection of
> >ragtag Zakus Doms and Gelgoogs and were chaotically (and stupidly)
> >throwing them into the battle willy-nilly without any real structure or
> Same trap the Germans fell into.. or maybe the Zaku's production
> runs simply outnumber all their other suits, like the BF109 in WWII.

  Well, I think both of those statements are true!
  The fact of the matter is that there were far more 1YW Zakus than
anything else, so even when the Zeons were producing Doms and Googs,
probably the bulk of their pilots were still stuck with their old Zakus.
Add to that the fact that some of the Zabi-Brats were hogging technology,
supplies and Mobile Suits and you have a formula for disaster!

> Moreover, some of the aces may be relunctant to give up their Zakus for a
> relatively untested Dom or Gelgoog. After all, better the coffin you're used

   Interesting, but it seems like most of the test pilots didn't have any
trouble adapting to newer MS... maybe they had a standardized cockpit
layout or something.

> Zeon was definitely disorganized. They had power struggles at the
> very top, with Amuro helpfully removing portions left, right and center. In
> fact, how far apart are the Zavi sons'/ daughter's death? something in the

  Not just that, but don't forget that Char was backstabbing them too, and
their own internal shenannigans weren't helping things either. Zabi and
Zeon were both rotten to the core. Even if they had beaten the Federation,
the Zeon Empire would have imploded soon thereafter or split into warring
factions.

                                                        -Probe