Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 4 May 1999 13:34:51 -0700 (MST)

> Well, the Sniper is quite independant in the anime and I didn't see any
> wires or whatsoever linking it to a battleship. I thought that battery
> was some Epac in fact (that would explain how it manages to fire a
> continuous beam on a flying target for like 10 seconds) but it's been a
> long time since I've read anything about Epacs so I might as well be

  It's a HUGE friggin' gun, just about the biggest 1YW-era beam rifle I'd
ever seen till the Gerbera Tetra... I'd wager that the huge big butt on
the gun has got to be a giant ECAP (There doesn't seem to be any clip that
I can identify on that gun). If that's so, it might be a big weapon that
must be recharged _on_a_ship_ before it can be used again. I wonder if the
gun was completely exhausted after that 10-second cookie-cutter-from-hell
attack?

> Basically it's a regular land use GM with a badass beam rifle but what I
> can't understand is why then its name is written differently? (if you
> check volume 10's insert, its name isn't the same as regular ground

  How different is the name, wasn't it something like "GM Ground Use"? Of
course, 8MST is so whacked it might not be worth worrying about
nomenclature...

                                                                -Probe