Mark Kuettner (mkuett@hotmail.com)
Mon, 03 May 1999 14:34:05 PDT

> > I think the Mead version would, and is. Katoki's version would not
> > get this kind of attention, as wide as it is. And look at the
> > reaction the Mead version is making... everyone wants to see the show
> > now. This Turn A thing is generating all this negative hype, but a
> > LOT more hype than the positive hype that would be generated by
> > Katoki and the regular crew at the wheel in the design department.
> > Maybe I've been on this list too long, but all this anti-Turn A fever
>
> You've been on the list too long!
> Heh heh! No, what I mean is, we are the Gundam Super-Fans, we WANT to
>salvage the gundam Legacy no matter how ugly the Turn-A is or how goony
>the story sounds. We're willing to put in the time to argue and discuss
>because deep down, we all _want_ to find something likable about the show.

My focus is on the non-Gundam fans here. Change like this may not be
liked by all of the die-hards, but people who don't like the Gundam
look and stay away from the story may like this new look and think
its a good "jumping on" point for something new.

> My concern is that the average anime fan is going to watch Turn-A until
>the silly robots appear and go "Hey, this is really silly looking!" and
>turn to watching "Super Angel Ninja Techno-Girls Knight-Force Zeta!"
>instead.

Just because you think its silly looking, Probe, does not mean every-
one does. But I thinks its kinda silly too ^_^

Mark turn-Kai