Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 3 May 1999 13:09:07 -0700

Kota writes,

>The second comic of "Outer Gundam" trilogy, "Moon Crisis" is all about
>Mineva (Camille and Judo also make an appearance). It's considered to be
>one of the best Gundam comics. I don't know the story that well, but it
>takes place in UC0099.

  As it turns out, the character who believes she is the grown-up Mineva is
ultimately revealed to be a clone - perhaps one of several decoy duplicates
- so the whereabouts of the real Mineva remain mercifully unknown.

  Personally, I thought Moon Crisis was pretty stupid - just an escalating
series of set-piece battles which give Matsu-ura a chance to trot out every
mobile suit ever invented, and thus distract the reader from his rotten
character art. The basic plot is just another revenge-of-Zeon yarn, making
it no different from Gundam F90 et al. Personally, I'd rank it below the
surprisingly complex Silhouette Formula 91 comic, let alone Blue Destiny
and Crossbone Gundam.

-- Mark