Edmund Chiu (edf91@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 3 May 1999 12:34:05 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Carmen J. Bernardo <Yujon3D@concentric.net>
To: <gundam@aeug.org>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 1999 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: [gundam] Q: Whatever Happened to Mineva Lao Zabi?

> That would give me some disturbing thoughts. Didn't Char have his
grudge
> against the Zabi family? After all, he did personally eliminate the last
> surviving adult Zabi, Mineva's Aunt Krishiria, in the closing moments of
the
> battle of A Bow A Qu. OTOH, Char may have only had a grudge against old
Degin
> and his quartet of quarreling "Space Nazis" and may have decided that
Mineva
> was too young to have truly been impressed with their upbringing.

    If you had watched Zeta, you would remember that Char was still in Jion
when Mineva was still a kid. In fact, Mineva still remember her uncle Char!
Char is one of the few people, besides Haman, that she trust 100%.

> I believe that Mineva did appear in ZZ GUNDAM, BTW. She only had a few
cameo
> appearances with Hamman, but that is all I recall. My theory is that
there
> were survivors of the final battle over Axcis who rescued her and left a
decoy
> in her place to throw off the AEUG (which didn't last for but five
minutes).

    But in the game, it is clearly that Char adopted her after the whole
Zeta Gundam plot.

> One hole in the theory based on the ZG game is that Hamman was a very
strong
> Newtype herself. From what I recall Newtypes being able to do, I doubt
that
> the impostor Mineva would fool her for long. She'd have known the real
one
> since she was crawling around in diapers. Unless Hamman was so crazed
with
> revenge against the Earth Federation that she was blind to the fact that a
> double had been planted right under her nose, that is...

    But you do remember that in ZZ Gundam, Haman never did "talk" to Mineva
anymore, when in Zeta Gundam, she does report to Mineva on most of the
"important" decision. To me, it's a clue that the Mineva in ZZ Gundam is
just a decoy, as the real one is with Char...

> Then again, I'd like to imagine "Minnie" growing up years later with
> surrogate parents on a space colony, only partially aware of her true
origins.
> We can always imagine...

    But you have to remember that Mineva is a Newtype too, and she is pretty
smart for her age, so she would remember her parents and everything...
Edmund Chiu
edf91@worldnet.att.net

My favorite Gundam of all times:
1) Nu Gundam