Carmen J. Bernardo (Yujon3D@concentric.net)
Mon, 03 May 1999 08:18:43 -0400

Edmund Chiu wrote:

> If you had the Zeta Gundam game, you would know what happen - Char
> "rescued" her from Haman. My Japanese is pretty bad, so I don't know
> when exactly does Char rescue Mineva, but my guess is that he rescue
> her by the beginning of ZZ Gundam, which might be one of the reason
> why Mineva never really appear in ZZ Gundam...

  That would give me some disturbing thoughts. Didn't Char have his grudge
against the Zabi family? After all, he did personally eliminate the last
surviving adult Zabi, Mineva's Aunt Krishiria, in the closing moments of the
battle of A Bow A Qu. OTOH, Char may have only had a grudge against old Degin
and his quartet of quarreling "Space Nazis" and may have decided that Mineva
was too young to have truly been impressed with their upbringing.

  I believe that Mineva did appear in ZZ GUNDAM, BTW. She only had a few cameo
appearances with Hamman, but that is all I recall. My theory is that there
were survivors of the final battle over Axcis who rescued her and left a decoy
in her place to throw off the AEUG (which didn't last for but five minutes).

  One hole in the theory based on the ZG game is that Hamman was a very strong
Newtype herself. From what I recall Newtypes being able to do, I doubt that
the impostor Mineva would fool her for long. She'd have known the real one
since she was crawling around in diapers. Unless Hamman was so crazed with
revenge against the Earth Federation that she was blind to the fact that a
double had been planted right under her nose, that is...

<Insert footage of Char chuckling evilly as he carries the real Mineva off of
Axcis in a burlap sack. "Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...">

  Then again, I'd like to imagine "Minnie" growing up years later with
surrogate parents on a space colony, only partially aware of her true origins.
We can always imagine...

Carmen (Yujon3D)
The Yujon3D Websites at Concentric Network:
http://www.concentric.net/~Yujon3d/index.shtml
Fan-art, fan-fiction, and the extraneous muttering