Tabby (tabby@psn.net)
Sun, 02 May 1999 16:41:06 -0700

>I agree. Its totally stupid. I mean auctions should be for rare stuff, not
PG
>Zaku II's and Turn A's. Almost everything is marked rare. I feel sorry for
>the poor person that will end up paying at least $9.99 for that Gundam. its
>about $3 - $5 something at HLJ.

The reason people on eBay think they can sell them as rare is simple;
people are buying them up to sell them on eBay. Toy-collector and comic
shops(at least here in the States)have earned an evil reputation for buying
high-profile items just to mark them up as collector items for their
stores, and they're re-enforcing that reputation by doing the same thing
with eBay.

Tabby