Y. Choe (choey@usa.net)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:46:47 -0700

> > However, the only thing I can really account for the larger
> size increase of
> > all the mobile suit design is that they are somewhat influenced
> by Macross
> > and other Giant robot genre series where some of these machines
> are huge.
>
> Are you sure about that? I remember that the 1/100 scale Macross models
> were about the same size, if not smaller than gundam 1/144 models!

Not necessarily the main mechas, but the enemies and support mechas from
Macross were rather huge and bulgy and stuff like that. Some had guns where
they shouldn't have! I think some design tries to outdo that, but then
again, that could be my own opinion.

In Asia, it's usually bigger is better, at least in Japan and Korea. that
may explain things a bit more.

Y. Choe