-Z- (Z@Gundam.Com)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:58:32 -0700

This just in:

Anime KC/Comix 97 Mobile Suit Gundam II Republication Version Film Comics,
Volume 1 (1999.3.23, Kodansha, ISBN4-06-174497-6) 158 color pages for 838

Anime KC/Comix 98 Mobile Suit Gundam II Republication Version Film Comics,
Volume 2 (1999.3.23, Kodansha, ISBN4-06-174498-4) 158 color pages for 838

Anime KC/Comix 99 Mobile Suit Gundam II Republication Version Film Comics,
Volume 3 (1999.3.23, Kodansha, ISBN4-06-174499-2) 158 color pages for 838

Anime KC/Comix 101 Mobile Suit Gundam II Republication Version Film Comics,
Volume 4 (1999.3.23, Kodansha, ISBN4-06-310101-0) 158 color pages for 838

Anime KC/Comix 102 Mobile Suit Gundam II Republication Version Film Comics,
Volume 5 (1999.3.23, Kodansha, ISBN4-06-310102-9) 158 color pages for 838

I've no explanation for why they skip AKC 100, but this five-volume set is
the most complete film comics to date of the Gundam II compilation movie.
So, if you already have a copy of Asahiya Shuppan's GtM II, is it worth
shelling out another $50 or so for this?

Yes.

First of all, it _is_ more complete, providing a entire page of cels for
every cel in GtM II. Second, each book comes with a beautiful painted
cover by Gundam character designer Yasuhiro Yoshikazu. Third, when you
shelve all five books, the illustrations on the spines form the cover
illustration of the fifth book.

Okay, so that may not be enough for you, but it really is the finest
rendition of Gundam film comics I've ever seen. I'm now looking for the
previous set of books for the first movie and anxiously awaiting the
release of the next set for the third movie. Altogether, I expect to fill
an entire bookshelf with nothing but the film comics from the Gundam movie
trilogy.

And, thanks to the trick covers, I can admire Yaz's artwork without even
having to take a book down off the shelf....

-Z-