Michael Garner (msg@cgocable.net)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:52:59 -0400

With the renewal in model talk, I was curious as to the quality of the High Grade ZZ Gundam? At a local hobby shop, the price has been cut by 10 dollars, so I was considering picking it up. What are the pros and cons to this massive Gundam.

Before continuing on, I must confess, I've never seen Double Zeta, nor the second half of Zeta. Why the heck does the Gundams become these monstrously large straight lined MS? The legs in particular don't seem to fit. Far too angular. Was it just an 80's thing? Then come the nineties, they shrink to become theses simplified sleek shadows of their former bulky selves? Though I realize that as technology grew, the Gundams could be built more compact. However, there's this era known as ZZ Gundam where some of the MS went insane with gigantism and one can barely make out the MS from the hundreds of components bursting from it's frame.

Now I've got nothing against these walking behemoths of Luna titanium, it just seem out of place. Is there any explaination? Where they using technology before they could make it more compact?