MS06ZAK@aol.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 01:38:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/99 12:12:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca writes:

<< On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:
> Though honestly I think the 08th MS team Zaku II is probably better
overall

 Yep, I've done that already and like it alot. Is the Zaku FZ worth doing
 after 08mst Zaku? I guess the main attraction is the German head.

It is worth doing in that it was the best Zaku kit up until the 08th version
came out, and I think it is pretty cool myself.

> Gelgoog JG
> I mean is that the legs fall off, A LOT!! Other then that it is a good
kit

 Hmm that's pretty annoying. Did you do some modificiation to strengthen
 it up a bit?

not yet, I haven't had enough dedication/inspiration to fix this kit yet.

> Kempfer
> WELL, honestly it depends. I mean if you like lot's of weapons, you will

 Gotcha... Say isn't that in the anime, the handle bar (right name?) on the
 shot guns can be detached, so it looks like a sawed-off shotgun? Can you
 do that with the gun in the kit?

do you mean the stock? Well actually they have two different shotguns, one
with a stock/handle and one without (sawed off)

> The best model of all in the series is really the Rick Dom II. It has
great
> flexibility, cool colors, and honestly it is the best Dom model I have
ever

 Yes it's great. Just finished it (kind of), I lend a heat rod from the
 0079 Dom to it. So it has a little something for the down and dirty hand
 to hand combats :)

> The Jegan is OK, but my personal beef with it is the limited range of
motion
> in the elbows. The arms only move towards and away from the torso they
can't
> turn and face out toward the front.

 Sorry I don't quite catch your meaning. How can Bandai mess up a GMesque
 shoulder? Oh you said elbows? Do they have 2 degrees of freedom?

well let's just say this, with most kits the elbow is a poly cap inside the
forearm which is plugged into by the upper arm allowing the forearm to rotate
around the "plug" from the upper arm (above the other joint of motion) as
well as allowing it to "flex". Well with the Jegan, the poly cap allowing
the "flex" motion is in the upper arm. The forearm plugs into that, but you
can't rotate the joint before it "flexes". therefor he only flexes towards
the body, he can't flex forwards. This is really confusing I know. For
another example, remember how with the original 3 1/4" GI Joe figures you
couldn't rotate the arms, but then they added a "joint" above the elbow that
allowed the arms to rotate around the central axis of the arm? I don't know
how else to explain it so I hope this helps

just think of it like this: to point the gun forwards, you have to pivot the
whole arm up, not just the forearm. the elbows only go left and right

> I think some of the ZZ models are decent. Right now I've been working
> sporadically on the Zussa and Whenever I get that done I have to tackle
the
> Dreissen. As for the Gazoum, I don't have that one.

 Could u give a little in-box or in-progress review? Both these are pretty
 cool mechas, especially Zussa, kinda like a Gundamized Missile Phalanx.

well right now I have only done the main torso, the upper arms, thighs, and
the backpack/ship hull. the reason it is taking so long is that I am gluing
and painting each piece/step as I finish it. IT looks pretty cool, though I
did do a modification on the paint job. I did sand for the lighter colors
and olive drab for the darker colors. It looks a lot better though I must
admit the olive drab looked a little brighter and browner in the bottle. I
wanted to go with a sand and brown color scheme, but the Olive drab seemed to
go with the sand color more when they were in the bottle.

Actually I have gotten a little sidetracked on the Zussa though because I am
painting my Rick Dom II. For a long time I only painted the minimum (the
black in the Eye area, and the thrusters) but now I am gluing, modifying, and
painting the whole model in the traditional black and light purple color
scheme of the Dom. I originally was only going to glue it and paint it, but
then I decided that I wanted to improve the thrusters under the skirt by
adding some kind of engine like in the MG Gelgoog's skirt.

Jason