Djallel Zouita (scirocco@gundam.com)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:03:31 +0200

Ok guys, here's my summary (I hope it's not too dull). I'll scan and
post the insert later today I think. Enjoy!

Rumbling Mountain, part 2:

The episode opens on Ginias and Aina getting in the completed Apsaras 2.
They start kicking Federation butts immediately: the Apsaras unleashes a
beam that leaves a burnt scar for kilometers in the forest. Please note
the Apsaras actually unfolded some kind of legs, making it look more
Bigzamish than ever.

8th MS Team members are appaled by such firepower but they immediately
have to face another concern: Shiro tells them he's quitting the army.
Karen immediately reacts and targets Shiro with her machinegun. Sanders
notices she's targetting him and we get 2 sets of flashbacks: first,
Karen is given orders by Kojima (that "kill Amada if he's a traitor"
thing) while Sanders gets some too (by Kojima again) but I'm not sure I
understood correctly what was said here. Back to present, Karen finally
shoots as Shiro's EZ8 moves but she misses (and that looked on purpose
to me).

Meanwhile, the Apsaras is now over Fed base, Aina introduces herself to
them and tries to make a deal with them (it looks like she's quite
reluctant to use the firepower of her MA): she'll leave them unscathed
if they leave the Kelgeren flee to space. Kojima rejects the offer the
first time but then, Aina opens the MA's cockpit and goes outside of the
machine (on something that looks like a diving board) to talk again.
Kojima finally accepts and asks the GM Snipers to be on standby (to
Eesan Reyer's dismay). So the Kelgeren begins to soar, but Ginias being
such a sick puppy, he fires again on the Feds (while his sister is still
outside the MA, just above the main cannon). Several Fed MSs get
thrashed as a result: GMs from 2nd, 3rd and 6th MS Teams (I'm
mentionning this because that GM from 6th MS Team has a *hyper hammer*
!).
Federation's retaliation is immediate: Kojima orders the GM Snipers to
shoot the Kelgeren, what is done quickly and nicely. Aina is shocked but
her brother asks her to keep watching: a damaged, lone Gouf Flight Type
managed to get out before the ship was destroyed and Kojima orders the
snipers to shoot it, no matter how defenseless it is. Seeing this, Aina
is utterly pissed and gets back in the cockpit, meanwhile Ginias has
already begun heating the main cannon for another shot, Aina being in
charge of the targetting targets Kojima's head and is about to send the
whole base to Kingdom Come when... Shiro comes next to the Apsaras and
calls her. But too late, the beam has already been fired...

However, the beam was diverted by Aina just before the Apsaras shot and
it hits a nearby mountain: a huge fireball engulfs a part of the
mountain, Sanders and Karen's MSs have to kneel before the hovertruck
(or whatever is that thing's name) to protect it from the incoming
shockwave.
After this, Aina and Ginias have a final argument and as Aina opens the
cockpit hatch to exit, her brother (gone totally postal) shoots her in
the chest. Deadly hit, Aina falls but the EZ8 catches her in its hand.
Once on the ground, Shiro rushes out of the cockpit. Stunned, Shiro
can't believe she's dead (a la Reinhart in Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu/Legend
of Galactic Heroes). Carrying her lifeless body in his arms, Shiro
stands on his lying MS and faces the Apsaras, swearing he'll kill
Ginias.

(Beware! Cheesy part!)
As Ginias is about to fry Shiro, Aina actually wakes up, which
unbalances Ginias, at the same time a GM Sniper shoots the Apsaras and
destroys one of its legs, but the MA fires again. Shiro and Aina run for
cover but the back of Aina's normal suit is molten and her very back is
burnt while Shiro is carried away by the blast.
Meanwhile, Eesan evacuates the base in the 8th team hovertruck, leaving
Kojima behind.
When Shiro awakens, he realizes his right arm is broken and is overjoyed
to see Aina alive. Aina survived her brother's assault thanks to that
watch of hers: the bullet hit the watch (waaaay cheesy) and so she
survived: that's why there was no blood spilling from the injury.
The power of luv part begins: they hug and walk together toward the EZ8.

The Apsaras fires once on the EZ8, finishing off its left arm and
blowing open the cockpit hatch, so Shiro and Aina can face Ginias. The
EZ8 stands before the Apsaras and switches its beam saber on. Ginias
begins to input lots of numbers in the Apsaras (I guess that's to make
him look demented) and the MA begins gathering energy again. Kojima
orders the base cannons to fire. Now, that's the "Shiro and Aina's love
VS Ginias's Dream" part: in one bold move, the EZ8 charges the Apsaras
and punches the cockpit but meanwhile its defenseless in front of the
MA's main cannon. The Apsaras fires one last time before going down.
This last blast melts the EZ8 (I've never seen a MS getting that
thrashed). Meanwhile, in the Feds base, Kojima stands alone, watching,
while we can hear Fed soldiers ordering an evacuation. That last blast
hits the base and vaporizes Kojima.

Having seen the whole scene from a distance, Sanders and Miguel run to
the wreckage. Karen is reluctant but Eledore (who keeps hitting on her
BTW) grabs her arm and surrendering to her feelings, she runs with the
others screaming "captain!" (or whatever Shiro's rank is).
And that's it.

BUT... there's more in the ED: you see ruins of the Fed base. There's a
grave in it (with no name on it) with a cheap cross made with metal
parts from the wrecked structure. Before the last images of the ED,
Miguel speaks (apparently writing to Bibi) an says he believes Shiro is
somehow alive. Then there are the last images of the ED: we see 2
silhouettes: a female (Aina) is holding a guy who's actually missing his
left leg! (yeah, that's Shiro)

After this, there's a teaser for last resort which says approximately
what Kota already said about it. There's more in the liner notes but my
Japanese isn't that great, so if anyone could back me on that one...

Djallel