Y. Choe (choey@usa.net)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:06:10 -0700

> > Aina... Haven't seen too much of 0083 to make an opinion, but
> she carries
> > an air or nobility all while kicking various federation arses.
> Now tha's
> > muy cool.
>
> You mean 08 MS Team, right? Personally, I felt that she is
> better suited
> to be a nurse or something (must have something to do with the
> voice actress
> who do her voice, who happens to do the famous role of Belldandy
> and Kasumi
> Tendo...)

Yes! Thanks for catching my error. Too much C() programming tonight... I
find that Aina is rather a convincing nobility character that has that air
of nobility while doing some really nifty kick ass piloting and generally
kicking the general snot out of Feddies... Note, in first episode, she has
that air of superority against Shiro (at least for awhile, but Shiro acts
with force).

Cima on the other hand, is devious, conniving, backstabbing piece of
character that kicks general Feddies to kingdom come, including the ability
to spank Kou (albeit he was in an uncalibrated MS). You gotta dig a lady
that can do that...

> > Christina is beloved by many members of this fine
> establishment. We just
> > wish that Bandai would flesh her out a bit more.
>
> Although she is not a good pilot, she has many qualities that Gundam
> fans found appealing among the Gundam female characters.

She was never meant to be a good pilot, but just to break in the Gundam NT
for amuro. That's all her use is for...

> > Four is also somewhat beloved, but she is alas a tragic character every
> > length of the way.
>
> She is perhaps the favorite female character in Zeta Gundam (in Japan,
> of course. On the list, it seems people like Emma more.).
> Personally, she is
> my favorite female Gundam character of all times. I just wish Bandai would
> re-make Zeta Gundam, so I would see her in a better light (Zeta Gundam TV
> series' animation is not very consistance...)

I dunno... I kinda like Fa Yuri's character design over Fours better.
Could it be the fact that she is one of very few Anime Female Character that
does not have a neon/pastel/nonnatural hair color?!?!

On an interesting note, I did see a "nude portrait" of Four Murasame...
Strange and Weird... I think it was part of a NewType pictoral series if my
fading memory serves me...

> Kou didn't even deserve to touch a Gundam, let alone pilot
> two of them.
> As for Shiro, he is not suitable as a pilot...

I dunno on those either point. I think Kou just got lucky with the GP01 but
proved his worth. And GP01 is a mediocre machine compared to the GP02 or
GP03 or GP01FB.

Shiro on the other hand (and a tip to the animators/writers mistake) did
survive a battle against a Zaku with a Ball Cannon. That deserves some
respect right?

A interesting question: does the mecha specs for RB-79K mention the armor
material for the Ball? If so, is it the fancy Luna Titanium or just the
plain type?

Y. "Aina Kicks butt!" Choe