-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:47:41 -0700

At 16:36 4/25/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 4/25/1999 4:02:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu writes:
>
>> Rumor has it that next thing that will be excavated from the ruins in
>> Turn-A Gundam is ... Gundam hammer! and it'll make the appearance in
>> episode 6.
>
>What is the Gundam hammer? Is there of picture of it, anywhere?

I thought we'd covered this in the discussion of the Soul of Chogokin RX-78.

The Gundam Hammer or Hyper-Hammer is basically a big studded ball on the
end of a long chain, with an anchor-like grapnel on the other end. The
name derives from the "hammer" thrown in Olympic games. The Gundam used
this as a mace or morning-star by holding onto the chain and spinning the
ball like a cowboy spinning a lariat or as a projectile weapon by hurling
it like the aformentioned Olympic hammer in the general direction of the foe.

-Z-