Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:02:59 -0700 (MST)

> This site is telling what happened from each episode of Turn A, three are
> done so far. The preview episode and the first two episodes. And I think it
> will tell about the rest, but am not sure. The character design is weird,
> girls look like feminie boys and boys look like feminie boys. Is this type of
> character a new style?

  The sort of androgenous character style seems to be getting more popular
after GW, etc, and it's kinda creepy if you ask me!
  As for TAG, I have to say that the synopsis of the first three episodes
sounds pretty darn corny. There's definately that aspect of it which makes
it sound like a rehash of Gundam Wing (I.e., charming young ladies' man
who flies to Earth from Space with a top-secret mission and a cool mobile
suit which he must disguise as he masquerades in the same place as the
cool but willfull female lead character, etc.) Etc etc.
  One thing that REALLY concerns me is the scene where the Turn-A leaps
out of the statue on its own power and attacks the Walking Dome all by
itself... this sounds too much like a return to the 1970's school of
"Giant Robo" superhero-robots to me!

                                                                -Probe