Re: [gundam] Turn A-What Gundam needs???

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:18:27 -0700 (MST)

> I think the Mead version would, and is. Katoki's version would not
> get this kind of attention, as wide as it is. And look at the
> reaction the Mead version is making... everyone wants to see the show
> now. This Turn A thing is generating all this negative hype, but a
> LOT more hype than the positive hype that would be generated by
> Katoki and the regular crew at the wheel in the design department.
> Maybe I've been on this list too long, but all this anti-Turn A fever

  You've been on the list too long!
  Heh heh! No, what I mean is, we are the Gundam Super-Fans, we WANT to
salvage the gundam Legacy no matter how ugly the Turn-A is or how goony
the story sounds. We're willing to put in the time to argue and discuss
because deep down, we all _want_ to find something likable about the show.

  My concern is that the average anime fan is going to watch Turn-A until
the silly robots appear and go "Hey, this is really silly looking!" and
turn to watching "Super Angel Ninja Techno-Girls Knight-Force Zeta!"
instead.
  Now, the Turn-A from what I've seen is at least animated well enough
that it doesn't look nearly as awful as the model and Syd-art looks, so
I'm not worrying as much as I used to about the new show.

                                                        -Probe