[gundam] I have bad news about Bandai Japan

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:08:57 EDT

I just went to Cool Japanese Toys' site and I found this in their news
section:

http://www.cooljapanesetoys.com/monthly/thenews.htm
There's new blood at the number one toy maker in Japan. After recording a
very large deficit in 1998, Bandai Japan forced its president to resign.
Having previously worked for a large bank, the new president is all about
numbers. He has been very vocal to his staff that if a series of toys does
not show a profit, he will terminate it with great speed. The fate of
numerous toy lines hangs in the balance. . .

Ugh, I understand this from a business point of view, but this could be bad
for us Gundam fans, but I doubt it will affect Gundam, unless the Turn A
shows no profit, if the Turn A shows no profit, then its good bye Turn A
kits, which wouldn't bother me much unless it affects all of Gundam, not just
Turn A.

This basically means, if a particular toy or kit makes no profit, its
probably good bye for that product.

BlazeEagle