Re: [gundam] Zaku Variants

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:23:50 -0700 (MST)

> I've got a question for you guys. If you had never seen the Zaku before,
> of the various retrocons or MSVs or upgrades, would you have seriously
> the design based solely on its original MSG look? I am wondering because

  Great question! For me, the answer would have to be "No".
  But the fact of the matter is, the first Gundam I ever saw was 0083 and
the Zakus _do_ look VERY cool in that anime. Next, I saw 0080 where again,
the zakus kicked butt. I saw bits and pieces of CCA and naturally though
the Guerra Dogas were awesome as well. By the time I finally got to seeing
the original MSG movies, the Zaku design had grown on me to the point
where I was willing to accept the design.
  That's why when I saw the first MG Zaku I was so dissappointed! I was so
hoping they'd do it in the 0083 style, it was too 1970s for me! But after
awhile the design sort of 'grows' on you and you come to accept it.

> have always heard people raving about how the Zaku is so cool, yet I just
> see the coolness factor in it. The only Zaku-type design that I have
> the Gouf Flight-type from 08th Team, and that isn't exactly a Zaku. Other

  Well, I agree with you there. I think both the Goufs from 8MST are way
cooler than the average Zaku, and on par with the most excellent 0083
Zaku.

> that I own include Char's Zaku and the Zaku-Fz from 0080.

  Now, the Zaku-FZ IS a nice zaku!
                                                                -Probe