Re: [gundam] Found a good close up picture of the Turn A kit

Stuart Ng (silentaxis@geocities.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:58:06 -0700

>The F-4 Phantom went through about 6 versions in 'Nam before it became
>apparent that a gun was still as necessary as the missles that were there
>supposedly to replace that weapon. It can happen. It was still a fleet
>defense bird and a fighter even without the gun. And this is all pointless
>if, in Tomino's mind and the universe he created, TA Gundam is the actual
>continuation of the history of the humans living on and around Earth.

I think you're missing the point now. The Vulcan cannon is a standard
weapon of the Federation and was on all Gundam prototype units till TA.
Also, you can't compare the war planes of now with Gundam. Gundam is a
multi purpose mecha, and must carry the weapons which are most efficient
and meet the demands of versatility. The 3 classical weapons of Gundam are
obviously, the beam saber, Vulcan Cannon and Beam Rifle. You take anyone
of those away and it becomes something else. It's like the F14, it has a
great payload of missiles, fast for such a heavy payload, standard dog
fight guns...F14 is a multi purpose plane; like all the jets that are being
built now.

>Who would want to live on the Moon? Who would want to forsake technology?
>Unless you're Tomino's neighbor and he can tell you all this or you are part
>of the design team for the story I don't think you're any closer to the
>answers than I am or anyone else. Your "logic" must be based more on your
>opinions of what Gundam "should" be.

I didn't say my answers are correct. Are you one of those people who like
to impose opinions forcefully? Ok, remember the colony on the moon in
Gundam history? I'm pretty sure it's still there and I don't think they
would abandon it. Ok, you think maybe TA doesn't have a colony on the
moon? Then it's not Gundam. Gundam was designed with one universe and one
history. The Gundam history is rather inconsistent because of the
franchises. And what exactly is Gundam??? Techinically it's a GM
prototype. What does Gundam mean? Originally called Gunboy by Tomino, but
he thought it was a bit childish...so he called it Gundom...dom means to
protect, but then he changed it again to Gundam. Dam in analogy to a real
dam which processes water to produce electricity, so he took Gundam as a
"dam" which is protecting earth from "water"; the inevitable natural force.

>Really. How many of them have you met? I've met over a hundred, from all
>the decades, and almost all of them have the face, mind, personality and
>body to be called sexy or desireable. Why don't you *talk* to a few of them,
>first? They're just like any girls you'd meet. Only they've also posed
>nude for a magazine. And they are drop dead gorgeous. Hef's a pretty cool
>guy, too. Next time you get a chance, spend a little time with Victoria
>Silvstedt or Luann Lee or Brandi Brandt or Lisa Marie Scott and tell me that
>they aren't "sexy". "Opinions" ain't worth shit next to actual information.

No I've met none, but if as you said "just like any girls you'd meet" I
wouldn't want to meet any of them. A lot of the women/girls I meet
nowadays are rather empty, dull or repulsive. IMHO, I like "imperfect"
girls; it's just a preference I have...don't blame me. :) Well of course
girls who aren't totally clueless in the world. But then again, Playgirls
are simply people as well so it makes them every bit as equal as we are.
So opinions can be actual information, but they are MY information.