[gundam] Futurama's animation technology

Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:07:51 -0400 (EDT)

A while ago there were talks about a CG movie for Gundam and I said "No
thank!". I thought and still think that Reboot-like animation just won't
work for Gundam. But I was still hoping for some kind of computer
assitance to fix up the softness of the mecha motions.

Well, I hope they can get Futurama in Japan! They are doing a great job
with the space ships and buildings and other hard structures. But they
stick to hand-drawn-style animation (they might still be CG, but they are
done to look hand-drawn) for the humans and creatures (and even the
tin-can character-what's-its-name). I think it works very well! I hope
the anime industry adopt this technology pretty soon.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble