Re: [gundam] Shoot here!

Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:53:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Tabby-23 wrote:
> SOB can only go so far. Mobile Suits are supposed to fight in conditions
> where line-of-sight is important, yet numerous MS have cockpits painted in

All the more ridigulous isn't it? What can I say? I think most of the
technical and military stuffs in Gundam is pretty unrealistic. I mean,
bright "shoot me" signs on the mecha isn't even no. 10 on my list of
gripes. But we still love it right?

Personally, I used to struggle a bit with these problem, but now I think
mecha designs and paint scheme is far more excusable than many other
miscues and problems in the Gundam saga. Will Gundam be nearly as
successful with SF3D suits? No way! (BTW, I love SF3D, if only I could
even afford one!) SF3D enjoy huge support in the military model
community, but "realistic mecha design" isn't viable as a visual drama.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble