Re: [gundam] Found a good close up picture of the Turn A kit

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:04:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/1999 8:51:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gaijin@i-manila.com.ph writes:

> Aye well, Aaron, that is the way things are sometimes. Personally, this

I know its just not right, thogh.

> whole thing about Turn-A, I think, can be best described as this: It may
> have a kick-ass story, true. for that fact alone, it is worth watching as
> both an anime and a Gundam story. However, in terms of Mecha, it is

I'll be watching it for the story, not the mecha designs, thats for sure.

> definitely un-GUndam. When One says gundam, it's got the antennae, the
> stylish look (like the chest vents or radiators), that certain samurai-like
> flair for armor. I don't see that at all in this gundam.

I don't, either. The Turn A is very unGundam looking.

> I work as a freelance image marketing consultant, and from my point of
> view, Tomino just did the bravest thing: he supported a non-gundam design.
> HOwever, in terms of marketing, sales, merchandizing, this is also one of
> the riskiest yet.

I know, It could do really well or fail misreably.

> (BTW, i have seen a closeup of the TurnA's head in newtype magazine.
> After seeing closeups of various other gundam heads and FSS heads and all
> that...it simply looks...inferior in terms of design. Too simple, and the
> moustache simply looks bad anyway you look at it.

Yep, this new design is too simple. I like simple like from the Garaski
mecha, but the Turn A is way too simple for my taste's, at least the head is.
The Moustache is to big and ugly, it needs to be toned down and put on the
forehead, and it would maybe look better, at least a little bit.

Aaron