Re: [gundam] Found a good close up picture of the Turn A kit

Marcel Tualla (process5@sympatico.ca)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 19:48:01 -0500

Chaos025@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/18/99 11:12:43 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> process5@sympatico.ca writes:
>
> > Whaaaat?! Your comparing an overweight guy with perpetual bad hair
> > day and a poor taste in thongs (Gucci butt flosses were all the rage
> > 2 seasons ago), to a Feddi mobile suit grunt? Hmmm... please explain?
>
> You obviously missed the reference that the "Sumo" is a lower grade version
> of the Turn A that is mass produced by the Lunarians. Hence my GM reference.

Ohhhhhhhh!!!... um... hee hee ha ha... yeah that's right... Sumos... yeah Sumos ;)

> > Yeah retro in the sense of being a reject from
> > from Shogun Warrior fashion show...
> > hee hee
> >
> > Voltron to Turnip A:
> > "... and you know what else, yo' popz wuz a stinkin catfish
> > and yo' mama shoe shined GaoGaiGar's boots with her tongue!..."
>
> Is that an example of your narrow thinking, or just your bad humor? Just
> wondering, is all.

Definitely the later of the two... just BAD HUMOUR, thanks... (I'm too narrow
minded a thinker to even conceptualize the former!)

> > Umm... I think they should really be called "Flatulence" and "WALDO."
>
> Gee, you're just rolling out the laughter. So, what did you think of their
> performance in the last episode? Oh, haven't actually seen it yet? Gee, you
> sounded so informative on Turn A, it's just sooooo hard to think you don't
> know all about Turn A's real failings, just the those you can imagine.

Quite honestly sir, the main subject here isn't about the actual series, it's
about purely the design of the suites and how they relate or compare to previous
Gundam series. As to the actual series I haven't seen ANY episodes yet. But I JUST
CAN'T WAIT TILL I DO! Maybe then I'll be as smart as you.

> And by
> the way, are you referring to Heinlein's Waldo, or "where's Waldo?" I just
> want to know your general reading level, is all. "Classics" tends to have a
> different meaning for some people.

Are you saying "Where's Waldo?" isn't a classic? DOHHH....!

> > Yup I to am just another willing victim to Bandai's giant merchandising
> > machine...
> >
> > Yeah I'm hearin' ya! I'm 27 working as a senior graphic designer
> > in an "oh soo plush" studio and makin' a pretty descent salary.
> > And I to enjoy the modeling experience; dry building, doing mods,
> > puttying, sanding, air brushing, weathering... etc.
>
> And this means you can do a better job? Then, when will we see your name
> associated with a new Gundam show? When will Bandai be pounding down your
> door, offering you millions to work as their head designer in their next
> show? Did they give you a time frame? Will we be seeing your fresh, new
> designs?

Excuse me for a minute, I have to go answer the studio door...

"Oh... heeeyyy Tomino... oh and you brought Syd!"
"ummm Syd? Could you kinda wait out here for a bit...
me and Yoshi need to chat... Thanx... no no we'll call you in..."
"Hey Yosh man! Lets talk mobile suit... Two words... big... mustache...!"

> > Well, at least G Gundam kept in the spirit of Gundam; if not a ridiculous
> > parody of it! You could even take something totally stupid looking from
> > G Gundam, like Neo-Mexico (GF13-049NM), park it beside the RX-78-2
> > and still see a correlation between the two. I don't think you could say
> > the same for that Turnip. I also think that Gundam X had some beautiful
> > suites like the RMSN-008 VERTIGO, RMS-006 JENICE (and variants),
> > RMS-009 SEPTEM, RMS-014 OCTAVE, RMS-019 CRAUDA. All cool!
> > Actually the RMS's 009, 014 and 006 had that kind of "mustache" look
> > (actually I think they look like snorkels)!
>
> So, at what point did you decide that Turn A was to keep with the spirit of
> Gundam? When Tomino stated that he was breaking to mold with this one? Or,
> maybe it was when he said that Turn A will be so different from previous
> Gundam productions, that it will be a fresh start with a totally new look. I
> think in your case, like many others, it was when Gundam appeared in the
> title.

Yuppers!... and your point is?

> To bad you can't seem to look beyond that. I guess that's why you're
> not in the audience that Tomino is focused on. To bad for you.

Actually I AM the audience. I'm (we're) the one who buy the models, toys, GKs, LDs
and other merchandise. We the consumer audience keep guys like Tomino employed.
With out our support they're out of a job. Unfortunately Gundam it seem is just a
big cash cow to Bandai. They know we'll buy it. Gundam T-shirts, Gundam pencil
cases, Gundam dish sets, heck I'd fork out money for Gundam toilet paper (we're
such willing suckaz some times)

> And oh, by the way, if a mind is like a parachute, you should be opening
> yours shortly, before any sudden stops.

Well... umm... umm... I'm rubber and your glue,
anything you say... umm... bounces off me and onto you ...

OR

I'm Gundam and your Turnip.
Anything you fire, defects off me
and turns to syrup...
oh that's bad!
(I just love low brow humor!)

But seriously guys I didn't mean any harm. If anything, I'm very thankful that
there are allot of knowledgeable people on this list who can share there
information and insight on our fav' anime series. I just wanted to mix things up a
bit! Sometimes us Gundam geeks (I say that with pride) take this series and
ourselves soooo seriously. So that being said lets just turn these "flames" down
shall we?

Now excuse me while I get back to my pop-up book...
xoxoxoxo
Marci