Re: [gundam] Found a good close up picture of the Turn A kit

BlazeEagle@aol.com
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:30:17 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/1999 6:25:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
silentaxis@geocities.com writes:

> I think Turn A is not Gundam. The most important aspect IMHO of Gundam was
> the symoblic strength that one gets from looking at the face of Gundam.

Excatly. That's what I feel too, when I look at Gundams face. The Turn A's
face does not give the feeling of strength and bravery, that all the other
Gundams do. The Turn A is just another robot.

> When the creator of Turn A from Blade Runner redesigned the face, it turned
> into something else than Gundam...and I can see that many of the
> traditional designs that would be seen visually in each part of Turn A
> Gundam is not there. Understandable if they plan to take Gundam to a
> different plain, but then again...that different plain isn't Gundam.

I totally agree. This new show (Turn A) is a great idea for a new mecha show,
but it doesn't really fit into the rest of Gundam.

Aaron