Re: [gundam] Found a good close up picture of the Turn A kit

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 15:22:11 -0700 (MST)

> > battle-of-the-week the Gundam rears back, strikes a pose, and slaughters
> > the damaged enemy mecha with "Bustaaaah MISSSILE RRAAAUNCH!"
> > Yeah, and how are they gonna _replace_ fired missiles in primitive-tech
> Ugh, Power Ranger Gundam. Whats next, when the Turn A is beginning to lose
> the battle, five robots suddenlly appear, and the Turn A's pilot yells "Turn
> A activate hyper armor, NOW!!" As the five new robots combine with the Turn A
> and turn into the Turn A's armor and turns the Turn A into
> "Extra-Hyper-Psycho-Armored Turn A Moustache Shogun Lord" :)

  Heh heh heh! Now that would be really really Kooky!
  Seriously though, it's hard to imagine what Tomino is thinking when he
gives us a show that's supposed to 'break the mold', and yet gives us a
Gundam that's so much _In_ the mold that it's almost impossible not to
expect a parody a la Gunbuster!
  On the other hand, I'll be tickled if, in Turn-A, every time the Gordam
tries another one of its pop-up gimmicks something goes terribly wrong and
blows up!
                                                                -Probe