Re: LD vs. DVD vs. VCR (Was-Re:[gundam] MG Gundams are coming toAmerica, Read on!!)

Rodrick Su (rsu@tigana.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:44:45 -0700

At 06:51 PM 4/16/99 , GundamFan wrote:

>--
>I guess VCDs are one of the best media.
>The advantages are as follows:
>
>Cheap,

Yep, both in terms of equipments and quality. You can either shell out
bucks for a VCD player, or get a DVD, which also plays VCD.

>Quality is of that of the VHS tape,

Quality is worst than VHS tape. DVD haters were nitpicking about digital
artifact, which is nothing comparing to VCD.

>can store about 74 mins max
>ie equal to 3 episodes of any anime

I have never seen it done. All VCD anime I have seen are 60 minutes per
disk. 2 episodes max.

Watching VCD from a distant to reduce digital artifact underscores 2
problems, you either hook it up to a player (VCD or DVD) or you watch it
on computer. If you are going to get a VCD player, DVD player isn't that
much more expensive. As for watching it on computer, be ready for
pixalation.

[ Rodrick Su [ ]