Re: [gundam] [OT] quick Star Wars question

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:24:42 -0700

At 13:40 4/16/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>> From: -Z- <Z@gundam.com>
>> In "Turncoat" Chess, you exchange captured pieces for ones in your color.
>> Then, as one move, you may drop any of the "turncoat" pieces anywhere on
>> the board except the eighth rank.
>
>This, perhaps, is derived from Shogi, where the side pieces are on is
>identified by which way they point, and all the pieces you capture can be
>airdropped onto the board as a move. Much more open and exciting than chess,
>in my opinion. Oh, and its Japanese, so it's almost on-topic :)

Well, we're still trying to map Gundam MS to Shogi pieces, but no one seems
to remember quite how they go. My own Shogi set is buried somewhere in a
box of games that won't see the light of day this millennium....

-Z-