Re: [gundam] About Endless Waltz Tokubetsuhen (was Re: [gundam]

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:47:36 -0700 (MST)

> > Does anyone know why Mariemaia's Minions didn't use Mobile-Doll
> They do use Tauruses to fend off the Preventer ship in the first episode,
> though it soon becomes clear that these are decoys. In fact, what first

  Ah, now I'm beginning to understand...

> tips Neun and Sally off that these aren't the Mariemaia Army's main force
> is that they discover they're mobile dolls rather than manned Tauruses;
> perhaps they correctly guess that no Treize-worshipping force would use
> mobile dolls for their glorious Big Operation.

  Makes sense to me... except I would think, with so few real forces, that
they'd have used manned serpents _backed_up_ by MDs in the second line
forces. Also, I've got to wonder if like the Virgo and Taurus, the Serpent
is 'MD-Capable' but also capable of being piloted with a human? I guess it
depends on who _made_ the serpents in the first place, eh?

> Actually, Quatre and his pals are working on the X-18999 colony. You'll
> recall the representatives of the colony complaining about all the
> construction that still needs doing during their meeting with Relena in

  Ah, I see...

> > expect to protect mankind?
> Good question. Even in Endless Waltz, Neun's Taurus seems to be the last
> Preventer mobile suit in service (aside from the Tallgeese III, though

  You'd think there would be TONS of Leos and Tauruses and Arieses all
over the place in storage, right?

> Zechs may have stashed that himself). In fact, in the novel somebody (was
> it Zechs?) promises to kill Lady Une if she activates Urkanos, the secret
> mobile doll factory dicovered in the Battlefield of Pacifist comic. So

  Was it a secret Romfeller factory that never got used during GW, or just
another hidden installation somewhere? Automated factory, I suspect?

> clearly they've turned their backs on mobile suit technology; the question
> is how they'll keep the peace without it. I suppose the Endless Waltz
> answer would be "By convincing all of humanity to renounce war."

  Cheesy, but it fits the mood of the series, eh?

> > She has effectively become a high-up in the government, hasn't she?
> Yep; like her father, she's a deputy foreign minister (i.e. secretary of
> state). She's young, but she has an impressive resume!

  So, how HAS the government of Earth changed after the massacres and
counterplots of GW and EW?
                                                                -Probe