Re: [gundam] [OT] quick Star Wars question

Scott DiBerardino (scottd@javanet.com)
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:40:04 -0400

> From: -Z- <Z@gundam.com>
> In "Turncoat" Chess, you exchange captured pieces for ones in your color.
> Then, as one move, you may drop any of the "turncoat" pieces anywhere on
> the board except the eighth rank.

This, perhaps, is derived from Shogi, where the side pieces are on is
identified by which way they point, and all the pieces you capture can be
airdropped onto the board as a move. Much more open and exciting than chess,
in my opinion. Oh, and its Japanese, so it's almost on-topic :)

-scott \\ sdiberar@student.umass.edu