RE: [gundam] MG Gundams are coming to America, Read on!!

Ben Koshy (ben@w3media.net)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:52:58 -0700

Mark Simmons Writes,

> SJ writes,
>
> >LDs are dead in the US. I now have to special order them.
>
> I'll second that. I love my LDs, but if you're holding your breath for
> AnimeVillage to release titles on laser, you might also want to look
> forward to anime soundtracks on eight-track tape.

And the fact that AnimeVillage is using Pioneer to service their
distribution scheme also spells doom for LD and hope for DVD releases.
Pioneer officially annouced they would no longer produce anime LDs and would
pursue the DVD format since about fall last year.