Re: [gundam] [OT] quick Star Wars question

Chaos025@aol.com
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:55:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/99 11:30:02 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
chinc@sten.sunnybrook.utoronto.ca writes:

> Can any Star Wars fan who has access to a tape of Episode IV please check
> out the scene where R2-D2 played chess against Chewbacca? I would like to
> find out the layout of the chessboard. I know that it's circular, but I
> don't know how many rows and columns (more precisely circles and radials)
> are there.
>
> Thanks for your patients

It was a standard European circular board that can be found in most medieval
chess reference books. Sorry for not giving you the count you asked for, I
just remember it from the SCA and highschool history, but information can be
found in almost any public library. Or by searching "chess" on the net.

SJ