Re: [gundam] Re:_[gundam]_[gundam]Nina’s_Secret_and_that briefcase

MS06ZAK@aol.com
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 00:36:50 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/99 9:56:06 PM Central Daylight Time, Z@gundam.com
writes:

<<
>I just finished watching 0083 for the 3rd time in the past month (yes I love
>this series), and to this day I still can’t figure out why or how Nina
 kept her
>previous love affair with Gato a secret from Kou and the rest of her
friends.

 The general consensus among fans is that the reason Nina didn't recognize
 Gato and the reason she was able to keep her relationship secret was that
 her affair with Gato didn't exist until it was suddenly revealed in Episode
9.

 Others say that there were sufficient clues before the revelation,
 indicating that the writers had something like this in mind all along, but
 the problems to which you allude have convinced many that it was not part
 of the original plan.

 The writers claim they planned it all along but, if so, it was damned sloppy.

You know I just have to say one thing, it is higly plausible that she didn't
realize it was Gato when she first saw him. I mean she probably thought he
died in the OYW. Also he was in a Federation suit, as silly as that might
sound it would be odd enough to throw her off realistically. I mean if you
see someon you haven't seen in years, shock is a likely result.
Jason