[gundam] Re: [gundam] [gundam]Nina’s Secret and that briefcase

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:40:30 -0700

At 01:27 4/13/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I just finished watching 0083 for the 3rd time in the past month (yes I love
>this series), and to this day I still can’t figure out why or how Nina
kept her
>previous love affair with Gato a secret from Kou and the rest of her friends.

The general consensus among fans is that the reason Nina didn't recognize
Gato and the reason she was able to keep her relationship secret was that
her affair with Gato didn't exist until it was suddenly revealed in Episode 9.

Others say that there were sufficient clues before the revelation,
indicating that the writers had something like this in mind all along, but
the problems to which you allude have convinced many that it was not part
of the original plan.

The writers claim they planned it all along but, if so, it was damned sloppy.

>Well now, where was that body from? Not that MS that Burning just blew up,
>‘cause the body wasn’t wearing a pilots uniform. Was the body from that escort
>ship that Cima had with her, the one the Feds hit?

Just so. This was one of the officers aboard the NEIBELUNG, sister ship to
the LILI MARLENE, which was destroyed by the BIRMINGHAM to cover its tracks
when the ALBION crew discovered it in such close proximity to the Cima Fleet.

-Z-