[gundam] More Turn-A MS info(was: More Turn-A Info in May Newtype)

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:39:47 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I was surfing the web again, and found this Japanese site called
"Freedom Fortress", which had a section called "Turn-A Gundam Database".

It shed more lights to the MS from this series.

First of all, Capule will most likely piloted by Socie and Messhe, meaning
it'll be on screen for a while (which also means, of course, it'll finally
be released as a kit).

Also, FLAT may reappear as a Militia MS, with different color schemes.

> New Mobile Suits
>
> Sumo: NO, it doesn't look like a Sumo wrester. Looks a little like
> Turn-A without the Beard. Used by Diana Soreru's Guard unit.
> Got to Earth on the 3rd Return Convey with her.

According to this site, Syd originally intended this to be Turn-A
(actually he called this Sumo Gundam). It's also mentioned elsewhere that
while it doesn't look like sumo wrestler, it is inspired by one.

> Wyld: 7 meter tall, normally used beside WaDome.

This is the first MS in Turn-A we'll see from Okawara.

> Rip: construction MS. not combatant. Moon Race them down to
> construct living quarters. Also to build fence around their choosen
> areas.

Hm, the name looks more like "Liv" than "Rip"...

Also, another Moon Race MS: Eagel. This is also designed by Okawara.
It's supposed to have a "spine", but I'm not sure what's that supposed to
mean...

Kota