Re: [gundam] More Turn-A Info in May Newtype

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 23:49:52 -0700 (MST)

> to me is not about Turn-A, but "Shell Bullet", a OVA project with the
> direction of Kunihiko Ikuhara and Chara/Mecha design by Mamoru
> Nagano.

  Excellent! Maybe we'll get some cool FSS-style kits finally!

> creation of science technological civiliation. For that purpose they
> lives a furgal life style. [This part doesn't make sense to me] But
> some decided to part with them. They are those who lives on the

  Furgal might mean "Frugal". Still, that doesn't quite make sense, though
it might mean "Loss of Values/Traditions" etc.

> moon, Moon Race. Earth's people bury their heritage of
> technological society in the ground. Almost all things from that era
> is buried. It's now called "dark history", the details had went into

  After hearing about the "Mountain Cycles" now I think they _literally_
buried all the relics of their civilization! (Shades of Uplift here?)

> obscurity. On the other side, Moon Race had retained the
> civilization: the weapons, the "dark history".

  What intrigues me is if Tomino will portray the Moonies as being
"Enlightened" with their technology and knowledge of the past, or as
"Space Barbarians" because they refused to forget the Evils of Mankind.

> over 1,000 years of years are collides again. During their long
> seperation, they had advanced their civiliaztions independently.
> Their understanding with each other is uncertain, and that leds to
> What would the result be, we would have to wait."

  Hrm... I thought it was the fact that the Moonies wanted a whole bunch
of land in the middle of Fief territories that's causing the problems! I
mean, they are _invading_ right?

> And a full-page interview with Syd Mead. Either my Japanese is so
> bad, I misunderstand his rational for the "mustache" , or its just too
> bizzard. I am in no shape to translate that now anyway, so I will

  So you're saying that Syd actually had a _reason_ for the Moustache?

> Field commander of Retrun to Earth Force. Withnessed the light
> from Turn-A's beam weapon from onboard the command carrier of

  Is the Turn-A's beam-rifle something special, like the Wing-Gundam's
"Buster Rifles"?

> Wyld: 7 meter tall, normally used beside WaDome.

  What's this look like, BTW?

> On the Earth Side: We see two kinds of Bi-planes and a Zepplin.

  Poor Earthers! They're gonna get SQUASHED!

                                                        -Probe