Re: [gundam] More Turn-A Info in May Newtype

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 08:17:18 -0700 (MST)

> As noted earlier, they do have electricity by way of solar batteries
> (looks like a lot of the houses have solar panel roofs for this purpose).

  Which is unfortunately bogus considering the industrial base
required to produce semiconductor photovoltaic chips. They simply can't be
made by a 'steampunk' culture....
  Now it's quite possible that these panels are made by a select factory
_somewhere_ that's somehow been allowed to remain in production.
Unfortunately this requires mondo electrical power, and computer controls.

> On closer examination, the cars aren't actually solar powered - they run
> on phlogiston, hah hah! That Tomino cracks me up. :-)

  GRIN! I can't believe it, is that what he really said? That's too cute.

> Actually, all the Moonrace officers have various symmetrical patterns
> on their chests, which presumably correspond to rank. It seems like just

  Cool! See, I like this kind of stuff, it shows some nice
'cultural-divergence', though I'd have liked to see some racial-divergence
due to the low-Gee, high radiation, etc etc...

                                                                -Probe