Re: [gundam] Secret Missions of the One Year War

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:40:43 -0700

Probe writes,

> I guess the fact is that while a regular military unit follows the
>regular military chain of command, Kube's resource-rustling operations are
>considered 'more vital' to the war effort, hence its operations are
>responsible to and are controlled from a higher point in the chain of
>command.

  Right, which may allow him to mandate the battle strategy and then leave
it to the regular grunts to implement while he packs up his bags and gets
ready to run away.

> This does cast new light on the purposes of Zeon occupation of Earth
>(I.e., it really sounds like they didn't care that much about the land so
>much as the material).

  Absolutely. I'm pretty much convinced of that now, especially in light of
the "Zeon's Lost Gold" theory I read about last year. They came to plunder
resources for their war effort, not for conquest as an end unto itself.

-- Mark