Re: [gundam] Secret Missions of the One Year War

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:31:15 -0700 (MST)

> Zeon's Earth invasion. Ma Kube's mining corps landed three days later to
> supervise the Odessa mining operation. One would suppose these two forces
> operate somewhat independently, even if they're headquartered in the same

  Makes sense... one's a standard military unit while the other is a sort
of elite Army Corps of Engineers...

> SInce Ma Kube is seen planning the defense of Odessa, perhaps his status
> as Kishiria's henchman and supervisor of the all-important mining operation
> gives him the ability to boss around the regular military forces in the

  I guess the fact is that while a regular military unit follows the
regular military chain of command, Kube's resource-rustling operations are
considered 'more vital' to the war effort, hence its operations are
responsible to and are controlled from a higher point in the chain of
command. I.e., getting the resources is a higher priority for the Zeon war
effort than simply defending Odessa, etc.
  This does cast new light on the purposes of Zeon occupation of Earth
(I.e., it really sounds like they didn't care that much about the land so
much as the material).

                                                                -Probe