Re: [gundam] More Turn-A Info in May Newtype

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:53:10 -0700 (MST)

> 163, some one accutally paint a yellow new VW Bettle with the
> Pikachu color scheme. So cute.

  Very cute!

> Seems to be the case. But the implication that Turn-A is powerful
> enough(Ok, so it's main weapon, the Beam Rifle, malfunctioned due
> to the long storage(Happy? Probe?) overheated after two shot. So it

  Yeaaah! Good!

> had to use optional weapons since eps. 2) and the similiarity

  Optional weapons like...? Cannons? Big spears? What?

> between Sumo and Turn-A, the Moon Race may not advanced much
> in 2,000 years. That's something I didn't considered before.

  They may be just as stagnant as the Earther's, just with more tech.
  But I don't think that's the case.... I think the Turn-A statue is _new_
and was left on Earth on purpose to give the Earther's an advantage. You
know, like "Hades Project Zeromyer" or whatever.

> I think Syd Mead decribed it as "Cute". Or was he relaying the
> opinion of "Mr. Tomino". I finally located my J-E dictonary. But

  So it's _supposed_ to look cute? Hrrrm!

> that interview. Just to think about how should I translate the orignal
> question, and what the orignal English answers must had been gives
> me headache.

  Heh heh heh! Well, thanks for the thought!
                                                        -Probe